Time Commitment: We ask volunteers to commit to a few hours per week/fortnight for 6 months minimum.
Location: West Lothian wide
Contact: 27 George St, Bathgate, EH48 1PG. 01506 815815, email@example.com
OPAL (Older People Active Lives) aims to maintain or increase the independence and well-being of older people across the West Lothian area. Our service is delivered by dedicated, trained volunteers who offer encouragement, companionship and support to engage in social, leisure and community activities.
We support anyone of age 60+ who is looking to re-connect socially either on a one-to-one basis or in a group setting. People can either self-refer or be referred by a health professional.
Why we need you and what activities are involved
This role will support our team to increase the range of our supporters and income in West Lothian.
- Assisting the team with planning and delivering local fundraising events
- Linking with local businesses/organisations to increase the number of people who support Cyrenians OPAL and seeking opportunities to increase our income
- Design support using Canva for fundraising materials, social media and external communications
- Develop and maintain local relationships with individual supporters
- Supporting regular communications with local supporters – including targeted appeal content - to increase support and sustain engagement long term in West Lothian.
- Updating data on our eTapestry database
At Cyrenians, we tackle the causes and consequences of homelessness.
Everybody deserves the opportunity to lead valued, fulfilling lives. The support we offer is person-centred and relationship-based – meaning that we work alongside people towards the change they would like to see. Our core values are Compassion, Respect, Integrity and Innovation.
Cyrenians’ head office is based in Edinburgh, with smaller offices in other areas, including Falkirk and West Lothian. Cyrenians is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO), registered charity SC011052