Our Fundraising Commitment
Fundraising is the life blood of many Scottish charities and we need to raise funds from voluntary sources. We could not fulfil our charitable mission without the support of generous, thoughtful and committed donors. Cyrenians value the support of donors and understand the need to balance our duties to beneficiaries, with our duties to donors.
That’s why we make this commitment to all of our supporters.
We will comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising and we commit that we will guarantee to adhere to best practice as outlined in the Fundraising Code of Practice. We will monitor fundraisers, volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds, ensuring that they also comply with this Code of Practice.
We guarantee to operate in line with the values of the Code; to be Legal, Open, Honest and Respectful in all our fundraising. To promote and underpin these values, we commit to the following standards:
- We will be clear about who we are and what we do.
- We will give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and change or stop a regular donation.
- If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- We will respect your rights and privacy.
- We have a procedure for dealing with people in vulnerable circumstances and it will be published on our website or will otherwise be available on request.
- We will hold your data securely.
- We will communicate with you in accordance with your selected preferences.
If you feel we have not adhered to these standards, or think we could do better please contact Ali Kerr, Senior Relationships Manager. 0131 475 2460 or email@example.com
Thank you for your continued support.