Our purpose-built community kitchen is home to a number of courses to help break down the barriers around creating good quality, nutritious meals.
At our community cook school, based on Jane Street in Leith, we are acutely aware of the power of food; from the nutritious elements of a balanced diet, to the joy and love shared over a hand-crafted meal.
Our food education courses help take the mystery out of meal prepping, planning and budgeting, helping create lifelong skills and friends too.
Food Preparation and Budgeting Skills – 6 weeks
A great ‘foundation’ class for the cooking-beginner with 6 - 8 people in each class. It’s funded by the City of Edinburgh council and access is for those living in Edinburgh and referred by a support worker. It's free to attend for those referred using the form below. In this class we’ll help to;
- Support healthier food choices
- Increase skills and confidence buying ingredients on a limited budget
- Increase confidence cooking from scratch
- Build independent living skills
- Understand food hygiene and safety
- Learn essential food preparation and cooking techniques
Our 6 week course is a 3 hour class delivered 4 times a week. Participants come once a week and choose the day they wish to attend.
Refer a client
Explore our full programme and download a referral form to get started.