Our purpose-built community kitchen is home to a number of courses to help break down the barriers around creating good quality, nutritious meals.
At our community cook school, based on Jane Street in Leith, we are acutely aware of the power of food; from the nutritious elements of a balanced diet, to the joy and love shared over a hand-crafted meal.
Our food education courses help take the mystery out of meal prepping, planning and budgeting, helping create lifelong skills and friends too.
Food Preparation and Budgeting Skills – 8 weeks
This ‘foundation’ class is great for the cooking-beginner. It’s free to attend for those referred using the form below. In this class we’ll help to;
- Support healthier food choices
- Increase skills and confidence buying ingredients on a limited budget
- Increase confidence cooking from scratch
- Build independent living skills
- Understand food hygiene and safety
- Learn essential food preparation and cooking techniques