Key to Potential provides support to young people about to leave school, and those who have recently left, to access college, training, or employment.
Most young people we work with are not engaged with school or other services, so we help them explore the options available, make positive choices for their careers and access opportunities.
Key to Potential is:
- An ongoing home visiting outreach project for young people, providing careers information for them and their family. Our aim is to build trust leading towards positive engagement with post-school services.
- A service for young people approaching school leaving age, and for 16 to 17-year olds who have left school and are not engaging with careers support.
- We provide an outreach careers service, offering one-to-one support to help young people understand their options and make good choices about their futures.
- We assist young people to travel independently, and visit training providers to meet the staff and find out about all paid options available.
- We help with job and training applications forms, CVs, college online applications, and preparation for interviews.
“It helped me gain confidence, knowing there is something out there for me and having Hazel’s support.” Key to Potential participant
We can also link young people with our Creative Natives project, a space where young people are given the opportunity to grow their creative potential, confidence and connections in an Art and Design studio.
If you’d like to find out more about our Key to Potential project please get in touch.