"I never realised being an old person was so much fun."
Cyrenians runs two services operating in Edinburgh and West Lothian which support older people to continue leading active lives whilst helping to reduce isolation.
Loneliness is often described as a modern day epidemic, with a reported half a million older people in the UK going without any social interaction for a week at a time (Age UK 2018). Help us to change that by joining our wonderful team of volunteer befrienders.
We match each of our befrienders with a client who is experiencing social isolation. Our volunteer roles come in all shapes and sizes, from telephone befrienders, to helping out at social groups and lunch clubs. Every relationship is unique and our volunteers receive full support and training from our teams.
Why not find out more from Margaret?
Why become a befriender?
• Make a life changing difference to an older person experiencing loneliness and /or social isolation
• Have fun and make new friends
• Develop skills and boost your CV
• Fill your free time with something hugely rewarding
• Give back to your local community
• Full training and expenses provided
If you’re a good listener, caring and reliable, we’d love to hear from you. Apply here or contact email@example.com or call 0131 475 2354.
Find out more about our services for older people: