Garden Buddy - Royal Edinburgh Hospital
This role is with members of our community referred in for 12 weeks support around mental health and wellbeing.
At the Cyrenians’ Royal Edinburgh Community Garden, we endeavour to provide a beautiful, interesting and relaxing amenity space for patients, visitors, hospital staff and the larger community. We also run a range of structured services for patients in the garden, on the wards and use the well-maintained garden and its resources as a base. The gardens have a particular focus on welcoming people who are experiencing mental or physical health problems, disadvantage, isolation or poverty.
To achieve this aim, we seek volunteers to take part in activities under the direction of the Project Coordinators and Group Facilitators.
Your support and encouragement could help someone to:
- Engage with a gardening session to benefit their physical / mental health.
- Relax and de-stress by spending some time in a ‘greenspace’.
- Reduce feelings of loneliness and isolation.
- Recover from the impact of Covid-19 (including feelings of isolation and anxiety).
- Increase self-confidence.
- Create links with the local community.
- Develop informal local support networks.