Social Bite Village, Granton, Edinburgh
With Support provided by Cyrenians
Cyrenians have 50 years’ experience of delivering residential community models to those affected by homelessness. Now we are journeying with Social Bite by providing housing support for up to people that will occupy the purpose built village located in Granton. The village will contain 10 houses, where two individuals will share in each. There will also be a ‘Hub’ for our support team to work from as well as space for everyone to socialise, learn, train, eat and meet.
Aim of the Village
The aim of the village is to empower each individual with the skills required to maintain an independent and meaningful life away from homelessness and the issues which may have contributed to their homeless experience, e.g. unemployment, relationship breakdown, debt, addiction, mental health.
Community members may stay in the village for up to 2 years. They will receive one-to-one support from skilled key-workers to achieve individual goals by tailoring a personalised plan appropriate to their needs.
First community members
The village will be ready at the end of May 2018 for its very first community members. As in our other residential communities, members will be offered the opportunity to participate in decision making about how the village will operate.
Criteria is as follows
- Homeless and living in B&B or other temporary accommodation
- Comfortable with living in a shared house with one other person
- No current drug or alcohol issues or in stable recovery from addiction with a minimum of 6 months ‘clean time’
- Mental health stable or actively engaged with relevant and effective therapy
- Committed to investing in a significant period of personal change
- Ready to participate in learning, training, volunteering opportunities
- Willing to engage regularly with a key-worker towards achieving personal goals
- Confident to make their voice heard in the development of village life
There will be a variety of volunteer positions available in summer 2018. If you are interested in volunteering at the Social Bite Village, please complete our volunteer sign-up form
Further Information and Enquiries
Please call 0131 475 2354 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For residency applications, please send us a completed Social Bite Village enquiry form.