87% of our customers said we helped them avoid homelessness,100% said they would recommend the service.
Siobhan and Vinnie, Clients of HPS
We’re helping to prevent homelessness
Our Homelessness Prevention service covers most of Edinburgh and is aimed at anyone over 16, including couples and young families. It doesn’t matter if someone is a homeowner, a tenant or living in temporary accommodation – we’ll help.
We know there are many reasons why people can face losing their home. Our decades of experience mean we have an outstanding track record of solving housing problems and helping people avoid becoming homeless.
Who do we support?
- People who need help to keep their home or move towards secure and settled housing
- People who have been told they need to leave their current accommodation or have recently been made homeless
- People escaping abuse.
What do we do?
We offer visiting support for up to six months and support people with:
- Money and debt advice
- Benefits and welfare advice and advocacy
- Developing financial and budgeting skills
- Tenancy issues including leases, deposits and repairs
- Help to explore housing options
- Providing pathways to employment
- Support with physical and mental health issues
- Guidance with exploring housing options
- Support with addiction issues
- Connecting people with their community and dealing with isolation
How do we do it?
People who use the service receive their own personal plan, which is developed and reviewed regularly with their personal advisor.
The personal advisor:
- Listens to what is happening
- Helps and advises people with the problems they’re facing
- Accompanies people to difficult meetings
- Guides people to access other services and support
Whether you’re looking for support or would like to refer someone to the service, get in touch to find out more:
Call 0131 475 2354 or email: email@example.com
Cyrenians Homelessness Prevention Service partners: