We believe that we all have a past, present and future and everyone who comes to us brings their own unique experience on our journey together to a positive destination.
Establishing a Charity relationship with Cyrenians provides you with a tailor-made partnership which is beneficial for both your company and our clients, aligning your company with a well-respected Scottish charity and giving back to your local community.
By choosing Cyrenians as your charity of choice you will be making a real commitment to supporting people at the margins of society, whilst supporting a local cause that your staff and customers can feel passionate about.
There are a number of ways for your organisation to engage in a mutually beneficial partnership. Here are just a few….
Ditch the Desk
Gifts in Kind
To get involved with any of the opportunities listed above or to enquire about a Corporate opportunity that may not be listed above, please contact our fundraising team by emailing email@example.com or call them on 0131 457 2354.
Why pick Cyrenians as your charity partner
Cyrenians support people excluded from home, family, work and community, creating opportunities to live valued and fulfilled lives.
Since 1968, we have been working with individuals to transform their lives by beginning with their story, helping them believe that they can change their lives, and journeying with them as they lead their own transformation. In the past year we have journeyed with over 3,300 people from Edinburgh and the Lothians in their time of greatest need.
Our services include:
- Conflict Resolution, Mediation and Support for Families - Cyrenians worked with over 1400 families and young people to reduce youth homelessness by guiding them to resolve issues, repair relationships and increase confidence in dealing with conflict.
- Work and Skills - changing lives by bring people and employers together. Last year Cyrenians supported over 1200 clients into employment, training or work experience, people who may otherwise have fallen through the cracks.
- Homeless Prevention - advice and support, helping people to keep their homes. 87% of 630 customers last year said Cyrenians helped them avoid homelessness.
- Addictions - Cyrenians peer-led recovery service supported 650 people on their journey away from addiction.
- Good Food - sharing and redistributing food destined for landfill that would otherwise go to waste. At present Cyrenians provide food to over 4,000 vulnerable people each week, along with 180 cooking and budgeting classes per year.
At school, Chloe struggled due to her own inexperience and lack of concentration in class, so she left without much in the way of formal qualifications. She describes herself at this time as being “out of control”.
She was introduced to Cyrenians, through her school, and met with Mark Pearson. Mark is a Senior Key Worker in the Key to Potential programme, that provides careers assistance to young people coming up to school leaving age and who have been identified as at an increased risk of not achieving a positive destination.
After a couple of work placements, including one Chloe really enjoyed with the NHS, and discussions with Mark on her CV, and future, it became clear to Chloe that she would love to go to college to study games development. She has a clear vision of working in this sector, and developing modern games for the disabled.
With support from Mark, that she herself describes as “brilliant”, Chloe was successful in applying to Edinburgh college and is now a full-time student, the only woman in a class of games developers.
Chloe feels her future is bright, working towards a career in a sector she loves.